Job Posts & Member Resources
Chief Compliance Officer — Novartis FCU
Established in 1947, NFCU is a 135 million in asset class size credit union located in East Hanover, New Jersey. The credit union currently serves the employees of Novartis Pharmaceutical. Due to the global reach of Novartis Pharmaceutical, the credit union facilitates international wires and other transactions which are complex for a credit union of its size.
Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Compliance Officer will be responsible for design, implementation, monitoring and reporting the process by which the CU will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including compliance adherence by each department of the CU and the teller line and processes.
Location: East Hanover, NJ. The credit union offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Please send resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bachelor’s degree in law, finance, business management or related field, minimum 8-year track record of career development in corporate finance, regulatory compliant banking, 3-5 years proven experience as a compliance officer.
- Advanced understanding of banking rules and regulations with specific experience in large credit unions with complex membership base.
- International/cross border transaction monitoring experience
- Model configuration/validation experience
- Ability to manage multiple people, projects, issue remediation, and participate in working groups and board meetings
- Problem-solving skills
- Highly analytical with strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of legal requirements and procedures
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
The Chief Compliance Officer will be responsible to create, implement, and maintain an affective legal compliance program at an enterprise level including (but not limited to) which includes:
- Assessment of credit union operations through formal risk assessment
- Identification of issues which are outside of regulatory compliance
- Remediation of current issues or oversee issues
- Ensure employee training in compliance and ensure a comprehensive outreach to all employees on a regular basis for compliance parameters affecting their roles.
- Resolve employee concerns about legal compliance.
- Create and manage action plans in response to compliance violations identified by regulator, audit, or consulting firms.
- Oversee vendor management programs and processes
- Development of policy and procedure
- Oversee consumer compliance
- Participate in working groups, including new products risk assessment and implementation, and expansion group. (Rebranding, expansion of service) transaction monitoring configuration
- Regular Board meeting attendance
- Issue tracking and remediation, including direct work and overseeing external consultant work.
- All components of BSA/AML
- All components OFAC
- Marketing review
- Transaction monitoring system: configuration, oversight of model validation
- Create and present regular enterprise compliance Board reporting