Job Posts & Member Resources
Compliance & Audit Specialist — CrossState Credit Union Association
DIVISION: CrossState Solutions
DEPARTMENT: Compliance & Audit
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Full-time Employee, Salary – Exempt
DIRECT REPORTS: 0
The Compliance & Audit Specialist plans, schedules, and conducts internal operations reviews for credit unions located in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Delaware. In addition, performs SCAR, BSA, ACH, and SAFE Act audits within a team environment that cover the credit union’s operational lines of business, including such functions as lending, credit card services, asset and account management, investment operations, and financial and risk management. The Compliance & Audit Specialist performs Risk Assessments and Financial Literacy Training for Compliance Consulting Contracted Credit Unions.
- Serves as an independent, objective evaluator and consultant whose professional input adds value and security to credit union operations.
- Assists credit union Supervisory Committees to accomplish its objectives and obligations to its members by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve effectiveness of risk management and internal controls.
- Performs all financial and operational audits as approved by the Supervisory Committee.
- Plans, schedules, assigns, performs, and coordinates Compliance Consulting and Audit work with contracted Credit Unions. Tracks projects and tasks via NetForum including hours per engagement.
- Performs Supervisory Committee Annual Reviews of the books and records of credit unions and account verifications of members’ accounts in accordance with generally accepted auditing procedures and regulatory guidelines.
- Performs Automated Clearing House (ACH) Compliance Reviews according to National Automated Clearing House (NACHA) rules and regulations.
- Performs Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC), and Customer/Member Identification Procedures (CIP) Compliance Reviews according to Federal and State Regulations.
- Manages & executes various internal audits to ensure there are sufficient financial controls and reporting to ensure organizational areas are performing in compliance with credit union policies, as well as, industry standards, i.e., Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, State & Federal, and National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) regulations.
- Develops, coordinates, and administers internal audit plans and associated working papers.
- Leads & executes operational compliance audit projects, prepares risk assessments; gathers and analyzes accurate and relevant information, documentation audit results to support conclusions and prepare audit reports.
- Attends and participates in conferences, seminars, workshops and meetings to keep current on issues and trends facing credit unions.
- Conducts trainings for credit union staff and volunteers including Financial Literacy Training for Compliance Consulting Contracted Credit Unions.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Repetitive movement of hands and fingers (i.e., for typing or writing).
- Lifting and carrying containers weighing as much as 5-20 pounds (i.e., to/from office).
- Sitting for long periods of time (i.e., at a desk, in meetings).
- Ability to reach above, at and below the waist.
- Ability to reach above, at and below shoulder level.
- Ability to drive long distances to visit client offices.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge – Maintains required knowledge, skills, and abilities in assigned area of expertise, including standards, fundamentals, and techniques required for the job.
- Supports and demonstrates CrossState’s organizational goals, culture, products and services, policies, and internal practices.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite products (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Communication – ability to communicate clearly, and have excellent grammar, spelling, and writing skills. Speaks, listens, and writes in a clear, thorough, and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret procedures.
- Workflow Management – Manages time effectively, meets deadlines and produces quality work requiring little or no review. Manages high volume of work assignments.
- Judgment – Exercises good judgment and appropriate decision making within scope of job.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information. Particularly with our credit union member’s information, as well as other information designated as confidential.
- Relationship Management – Maintains strong and effective interpersonal skills and effective working relationships with all stakeholders, both internal and external. Ability to work professionally in a team setting.
- Public Speaking – Ability to conduct meetings with CEOs, credit union staff, Board of Directors, Supervisory Committees at their credit unions, chapters, or at CrossState Conferences.
- Attendance – Regular and consistent attendance is required to maintain acceptable performance standards and routine duties of the position.
- Travel – Must be available for frequent travel including evening work and overnight stays while conducting reviews. Must have a valid Driver’s License (no suspensions or similar legal prohibitions on driving), physical ability to operate a motor vehicle and motor vehicle transportation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Business with a concentration in Accounting or a related discipline is required along with 3-5 years of audit experience within the credit union industry. CUCE and BSACS preferred.
Interested candidates should click here to apply.