Job Posts & Member Resources
Compliance Consultant — CrossState Credit Union Association
JOB TITLE: Compliance Consultant
SUPERVISOR: Manager, Compliance Services; Joanne Broderick
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Full-time Employee, Salary – Exempt
DIRECT REPORTS: 0
Develop compliance consulting business ensuring a quality experience for client credit unions while generating revenue. Consult and coach client credit unions on matter such as policies, operations, regulator implementation, compliance risk assessments and training. This position is approximately 75% remote (work from home) and 25% travel to Credit Unions located in Western, Pennsylvania. Travel could include evening work and/or overnight stays while conducting reviews.
- Engage in proactive contact with credit unions to develop and maintain a book on compliance consulting business with the aim of generating revenue and meeting credit unions compliance needs. Deliver consultations by in-person visits (minimum one visit per quarter), virtual meetings, telephone and email.
- Work with participating Credit Unions in developing, implementing and continuing a compliance/risk management program.
- Conduct regulatory or operational area specific reviews to ensure regulatory compliance and make recommendations for changes.
- Assist as authorized in implementing changes to findings in compliance audits.
- Assist and make recommendations to aid the credit union in preventing internal and external fraud related to noncompliance.
- Coordinate with regulatory examiners and external auditors during examinations to ensure that compliance issues are adequately addressed when appropriate.
- Provide regular reports to the Manager, Compliance Consulting on compliance consulting activity and interaction with credit unions. Make Manager aware of any issues or conflicts CC may experience during course of interaction with credit unions in a timely manner.
- As requested, review suspicious activity reported by credit union employees to the Compliance/Bank Secrecy Act officer and recommend if a Suspicious Activity Report needs to be filed.
- Perform regulatory/risk assessments as required.
- Evaluate and recommend changes to policy and procedures, forms, etc. to improve compliance with applicable laws and regulation.
- Log contacts into database and provide reports to supervisor. Share intelligence learned from consultations, alerting supervisor or other departments of issues impacting credit unions.
- Conduct training on a fee basis, for client credit unions or chapters of the Association. Conduct full day fee-based trainings as assigned.
- Cross-sell education and professional development opportunities offered by the Association as well as products or services offered by CrossState Solutions Inc. Provide referral opportunities to the appropriate department.
- Monitor a variety of publications and resources to keep pace with technology, economic and market conditions, and changes to laws and regulations affection credit union.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge, information about laws and regulations that impact credit unions.
- Research various topics, including but not limited to legal or regulatory issues, and prepare papers and/or memoranda reporting findings and conclusions in a clear meaningful fashion.
- Write news-style articles, essays or other types of media disseminating compliance, operational or regulatory issues to credit unions.
- Travel as needed per the essential functions of generating revenue, maintain a book of compliance consulting, and conduct compliance training. Attends and participates in meetings, seminars, conferences and CrossState Credit Union Association Chapter (fee-based training) events as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Repetitive movement of hands and fingers (i.e., for typing or writing).
- Lifting and carrying containers weighing as much as 5-20 pounds (i.e., to/from office).
- Sitting for long periods of time (i.e., at a desk, in meetings).
- Ability to reach above, at and below the waist.
- Ability to reach above, at and below shoulder level.
- Ability to drive a motor vehicle for long periods of time
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge – Maintains required knowledge, skills and abilities in assigned area of expertise, including standards, fundamentals, and techniques required for the job.
- Supports and demonstrates CrossState’s organizational goals, culture, products and services, policies, and internal practices.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite products (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Communication – ability to communicate clearly, and have excellent grammar, spelling, and writing skills. Speaks, listens and writes in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret procedures.
- Workflow Management – Manages time effectively, meets deadlines and produce quality work requiring little or no review. Manages high volume of work assignments.
- Judgment – Exercises good judgment and appropriate decision making within scope of job.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information. Particularly with our credit union member’s information, as well as other information designated as confidential.
- Relationship Management – Maintains strong and effective interpersonal skills and effective working relationships with all stakeholders, both internal and external. Ability to work professionally in a team setting.
- Attendance – Regular and consistent attendance is required to maintain acceptable performance standards and routine duties of the position.
- Possess excellent organizational skills and time management for scheduling and managing multiple projects.
- Travel – This position is approximately 75% remote (work from home) and 25% travel to Credit Unions located in Western, Pennsylvania. Travel could include evening work and/or overnight stays while conducting reviews. Must have a valid Driver’s License (no suspensions or similar legal prohibitions on driving), physical ability to operate a motor vehicle and motor vehicle transportation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Paralegal Studies, or Finance for an accredited college or university, and 3-5 years of related financial service industry experience. Auditing or legal experience is a plus, but not required. May consider an equivalent combination of education and experience. Completion of specialized courses of study, related to financial institution regulatory/operational issues and compliance, such as CUCE and BSACS is highly preferred.
Important Notice: This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed, as an all-inclusive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. Employee is required to sign this document in
Interested candidates should apply through our online here.