Job Posts & Member Resources
Marketing Specialist — Hershey FCU
Salary: $17.10- $21.37 (starting, based on experience)
How to apply: Forward your professional resume and salary requirements to: HFCU’s HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
HFCU offers a competitive salary and 401(k); paid vacation; and opportunities for professional growth in a team-oriented, positive and supportive environment. HFCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Responsibilities: Include, but not limited to:
- Be a visible presence in the local community and sponsor community. Promote the credit union through visible participation in business, community, and charitable organizations and activities.
- Develops, plans, and implements community outreach and business development initiatives to grow the credit union.
- Research industry trends in the field of membership, assess results, and make changes when necessary.
- Develop contact lists of potential new connections, members, and business opportunities in the credit union’s field of membership.
- Attends various meetings in the community and/or at associations to develop new business prospects and promote the credit union.
- Coordinate community events by communicating directly with event organizers, assemble volunteers, and organize all items for the day-of schedule.
- Organize volunteer and donation efforts with our HFCU team/members and deliver items or monetary support to chosen organizations, when needed.
- Prep and deliver business development items and communication for local businesses and organizations to ensure Hershey FCU promotion.
- Establish connections with local businesses for future developmental opportunities with employee onboarding connections, sponsorships, advertising, and to present information on available HFCU products and services, such as deposit accounts and lending products, as appropriate.
- Maintain positive vendor relationships, manage all contacts with a tracking tool, and resolve any discrepancies.
- Compile monthly reports with site visits, summary of communications, events, meetings, and potential developmental opportunities.
- Prepare routine correspondence relating to credit union development with the local community and organizations. Ensure accuracy of work.
- Make formal presentations after establishing connections to introduce the credit union to employees; answer questions and provide a resource that encourages participation. Coordinate enrollment meetings.
- Assist the Marketing Manager with the implementation of the overall marketing plan.
- Maintain an adequate supply of marketing materials and verify with the Marketing Manager for orders needed.
- Update rate changes on our website and disclosures.
- Issue gift cards and birthday cards for all employee birthdays
- Assist the Marketing Manager with our annual scholarship by tracking applications and communicating with local school districts to ensure promotion
- Assist in delivering updated marketing supplies and materials to all branches
- Serve as back-up for marketing communication by updating outdoor signs, website alerts, and outdoor signs, as necessary
- Assist with planning and coordinating annual and special events or seminars.
- Maintains a comprehensive knowledge of all related policies, procedures, rules, and regulations applicable for the position, and keeps abreast of any changes.
- Prevents controllable losses by strict adherence to security, compliance, and fraud & prevention policies and procedures.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures described in the Employee Handbook.
- Completes annual mandatory compliance and other trainings.
- Serves as back-up to additional areas of the Marketing Department, as necessary.
- Assists with all other duties as required.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in related field; or equivalent experience. Minimum two years’ Marketing experience.
- Maintains a professional demeanor in appearance, communication, and action.
- Possesses a high level of interpersonal communication.
- Possesses a high level of written communication skills; including grammar, punctuation, and style.
- Well organized, able to work independently, multi-task and move quickly between priorities.
- Maintains confidentiality of all members, employees, and credit union financials.
- Solid working knowledge of PC-based programs.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret written communications. Ability to comprehend and respond to common employee questions. Ability to effectively present job-related information to employees.
Intermediate mathematical skills.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as the employer determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs. Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate standard office equipment including but not limited to: a computer, typewriter, adding machine, facsimile machine, photocopier, and telephone. A telephone device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or more up to 30 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Job descriptions are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job elements essential for making decisions pertaining to compensation. They should not be considered to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the position.