Building a Stronger Financial Future
Here you will find an overview of the Foundation’s Enhanced Financial Counseling Certification Program. Participation in this multi-faceted program shows you and your credit union’s commitment to helping members build a stronger financial future, and we look forward to helping you to succeed.
Since 2017, the Foundation’s have presented an enhanced version of CUNA’s Certified Financial Counseling program (FiCEP). Three hundred Pennsylvania and New Jersey Credit Union Professionals have already earned their Credit Union Certified Financial Counselor (CCUFC) designation.
(Select Individual Registration – even if you are registering for two co-workers sharing materials.)
Our Enhanced FiCEP Curriculum Includes:
- Eight modules presented in print format to be read at the student’s pace prior to webinar viewing
- Eight tutorial webinars to recap and highlight each module
- Eight fill-in-the-blank Study Guides with answer keys for each module
- A Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document
- Downloadable Student Success Plan (an organizational tool for students)
- Access to CUNA’s Online Practice Quizzes
- Dedicated Student Portal
- Dedicated email FICEP@lcul.com for student questions to the instructor, plus the Foundation staff are always at your service
- Tool kits with additional resources, including a counseling action plan, sample dialogue, and Program Decision Guide
- Take-away tool kits including budget spreadsheets, spending plans, tracking methods and more
- One proctored online test of 100 questions
- A copy of the CCUFC Toolkit
Fall & Spring Registration Schedule
The Foundation holds two Enhanced FiCEP courses per year – one in the spring and one in the fall.
Spring: Registration begins in November and continues through January. The course runs from mid-February through May.
Fall: Registration begins in May and continues through July. The course runs from September through December.
Webinar and Training Schedule
Module 1 consists of Chapters 1, 2, 3 & 4—February 16, 2021
Module 2 consists of Chapters 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9—February 23, 2021
Module 3 consists of Chapters 10, 11, 12, 13 & 14—March 9, 2021
Module 4 consists of Chapters 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, & 20—March 23, 2021
Module 5 consists of Chapters 21, 22, 23, 24 & 25—April 6, 2021
Module 6 consists of Chapters 26, 27, & 28—April 20, 2021
Module 7 consists of Chapters 29 & 30—May 4, 2021
Module 8 consists of Chapters 31, 32, & 33—May 18, 2021
Video Review and Virtual Proctored Exam—May 28, 2021
All testing is done online so that students receive their grades instantly and privately.
- New Book Edition #5 option – $950 per person
- Share with one Co-Worker – $825
Registration closes on January 15, 2021, to ensure timely arrival of books.
Who should become a Certified Financial Counselor?
Anyone wanting to earn their CCUFC designation has the opportunity to do so, but we especially recommend this program for Lending Staff, Collections Staff, Branch Managers, Trainers, and Educators.
Please know that we are here to help you succeed, so email Kathleen Fey with any questions, or call 800-932-0661, ext 2244.