Building a Stronger Financial Future
Here you will find an overview of the Foundation’s Enhanced Financial Counseling Certification Program. Participation in this multi-faceted program shows you and your credit union’s commitment to helping members build a stronger financial future, and we look forward to helping you to succeed.
Since 2017, the Foundation’s have presented an enhanced version of CUNA’s Certified Financial Counseling program (FiCEP). Three hundred Pennsylvania and New Jersey Credit Union Professionals have already earned their Credit Union Certified Financial Counselor (CCUFC) designation.
Registration is currently closed. Registration will resume in November in advance of Spring FiCEP, 2022.
Our Enhanced FiCEP Curriculum Includes:
- Eight modules presented in print format to be read at the student’s pace prior to webinar viewing
- Eight tutorial webinars to recap and highlight each module
- Eight fill-in-the-blank Study Guides with answer keys for each module
- A Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document
- Downloadable Student Success Plan (an organizational tool for students)
- Access to CUNA’s Online Practice Quizzes
- Dedicated Student Portal
- Dedicated email FICEP@lcul.com for student questions to the instructor, plus the Foundation staff are always at your service
- Tool kits with additional resources, including a counseling action plan, sample dialogue, and Program Decision Guide
- Take-away tool kits including budget spreadsheets, spending plans, tracking methods and more
- One proctored online test of 100 questions
- A copy of the CCUFC Toolkit
Fall & Spring Registration Schedule
The Foundation holds two Enhanced FiCEP courses per year – one in the spring and one in the fall.
Spring: Registration begins in November and continues through January. The course runs from mid-February through May.
Fall: Registration begins in May and continues through July. The course runs from September through December.
Webinar and Training Schedule
Module 1 (Chapters 1-4), September 21
Module 2, (Chapters 5-9), September 28
Module 3, (Chapters 10-14), October 5
Module 4, (Chapters 15-20), October 12
*Break, Week of October 19
Module 5, (Chapters 21-25), October 26
Module 6, (Chapters 26-28), November 2
Module 7, (Chapters 29-30), November 9
Module 8, (Chapters 31-33), November 16
Review, Tuesday, November 30 10am (EST)
Proctored Exam Thursday, December 2 10am (EST)
All testing is done online so that students receive their grades instantly and privately.
- New Book Edition #5 option – $950 per person
- Share with one Co-Worker – $825
Registration closes on August 2, 2021, to ensure timely arrival of books.
Who should become a Certified Financial Counselor?
Anyone wanting to earn their CCUFC designation has the opportunity to do so, but we especially recommend this program for Lending Staff, Collections Staff, Branch Managers, Trainers, and Educators.
Please know that we are here to help you succeed, so email Tina Lesko with any questions, or call 800-932-0661, ext 2201.