About the CrossState Credit Union Foundation
The CrossState Credit Union Foundation changes people’s lives by promoting financial education, professional development, disaster relief, and credit union relevance.
The CrossState Credit Union Foundation changes people’s lives by promoting financial education, disaster relief, and credit union relevance.
Some of the ways in which the Foundation work to help credit unions and other organizations include:
- Supporting growth and development by helping small credit unions to survive and thrive
- Supporting strategic planning and marketing activities by small credit unions
- Offering educational scholarships and training for credit union staff and volunteers
- Helping community development, low-income designated, credit unions serving the underserved to expand
- Providing disaster relief grants
- Partnering with the National Credit Union Foundation
- Supporting financial education for consumers of all ages
What Does the Foundation Do?
The CrossState Credit Union Foundation has four primary areas of funding: Financial Literacy Initiatives; Small Credit Union Assistance; Professional Development; and Disaster Relief. Working with credit unions, chapters, and community organizations, the Foundations work to achieve their mission of changing people’s lives by promoting education, disaster relief, and credit union relevance.
How Does the Foundation Help?
Some examples of the ways in which the Foundation has provided assistance include:
- Financial Literacy: Funding to open a student branch in a local high school; to purchase classroom materials; to provide adult financial literacy training for the unbanked and underbanked, and to help teens understand the importance of making sound financial decisions.
- Small Credit Union Assistance: Funding to conduct a marketing campaign to attract new members; to purchase upgraded computer hardware and software, and to assist with a changeover to EMV cards.
- Professional Development grants have been given to credit union staff to attend the CrossState Leadership School; CUNA management training; CUDE training; and to participate in webinars.
- Disaster Relief grants are issued to victims related to credit unions on the local, state, national, and international levels.
PENNSYLVANIA: The official registration and financial information of the Pennsylvania Credit Union Foundation may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free in Pennsylvania 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.
NEW JERSEY: Information filed with the Attorney General concerning this charitable solicitation and the percentage of contributions received by the charity during the last reporting period that were dedicated the charitable purpose may be obtained from the Attorney General of the State of New Jersey by calling 973-504-6215. Registration with the Attorney General does not imply endorsement.