Building a Stronger Financial Future
Here you will find an overview of the Foundation’s Enhanced Financial Counseling Certification Program. Participation in this multi-faceted program shows you and your credit union’s commitment to helping members build a stronger financial future, and we look forward to helping you to succeed.
The Foundation holds two Enhanced FiCEP courses per year — one in the spring and one in the fall.
Since 2017, the Foundation’s have presented an enhanced version of CUNA’s Certified Financial Counseling program (FiCEP). Three hundred Pennsylvania and New Jersey Credit Union Professionals have already earned their Credit Union Certified Financial Counselor (CCUFC) designation.
Spring registration is open!
The Spring 2024 session begins on April 8, 2024. Register through the link below. Spring registration closes on February 26, 2024.
Registration is $900 per person.
Please check back in June for the Fall FiCEP course.
Who should become a Certified Financial Counselor?
Anyone wanting to earn their CCUFC designation has the opportunity to do so, but we especially recommend this program for Lending Staff, Collections Staff, Branch Managers, Trainers, and Educators.
Please know that we are here to help you succeed, so email Sue Ward-Diorio with any questions, or call 800-932-0661, ext 2244
Our Enhanced FiCEP Curriculum Includes:
- 6th Edition CUNA FiCEP Book
- Eight modules presented in print format to be read at the student’s pace prior to webinar viewing
- Eight tutorial webinars to recap and highlight each module
- Eight fill-in-the-blank Study Guides with answer keys for each module
- A Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document
- Downloadable Student Success Plan (an organizational tool for students)
- Access to CUNA’s Online Practice Quizzes
- Dedicated Student Portal
- Dedicated email FICEP@lcul.com for student questions to the instructor, plus the Foundation staff are always at your service
- Tool kits, including counseling action plan, sample dialogue, and Program Decision Guide
- Take-away tool kits including budget spreadsheets, spending plans, tracking methods, and more
- One proctored online test of 100 questions
Webinar and Training Schedule
Module 1 (Chapters 1-4) | April 8
Module 2 (Chapters 5-9) | April 15
Module 3 (Chapters 10-14) | April 22
Module 4 (Chapters 15-20) | April 29
Module 5 (Chapters 21-25) | May 6
Module 6 (Chapters 26-28) | May 13
Module 7 (Chapters 29-30) | May 20
Module 8 (Chapters 31-33)| May 27
Virtual Exam Prep Review | Tuesday, June 4, at 9:00 a.m. (EST)
Virtual Proctored Exam | Thursday, June 6, at 9:00 a.m. (EST)
Make-up Exam | Thursday, June 13, at 9:00 a.m. (EST)
2nd Make-up Exam | Thursday, June 20, at 9:00 a.m. (EST)
*All exams must be completed by December 31, 2024
All testing is done online so that students receive their grades instantly and privately.
Thank you to our Sponsor
Thank you to Vizo Financial Corporate Credit Union for their help in encouraging credit union employees to participate in this program.